Know the Easy Steps to Find WPS Pin
WPS is a short form of Wireless Protected Setup, and it’s an 8 digit number. Basically, WPS Pin helps you to connect the printer over a wireless network. Pin number is used to establish and authenticate a network connection on a wireless router/access point.
It will not work on unsecured networks, you should use a WPS or WPA2 secured network.
How you can find WPS Pin of Printer?
You can have two types of printer models:
1. HP Printer with display (Control Panel).
2. And the HP printers without display.
Alternatively, you can also find the WPS pin at the back of your wireless router. It can be at the end or beneath your network router.
Complete the given steps to find the WPS Pin on the printer device
1. Connect your printer with the local home wireless network.
2. Your router must use the WPA or WPA2 security.
3. Load your printer with paper.
4. Ensure you have completed the printer setup process.
5. Download the HP Smart app on your smartphone.
Method 1: WPS pin for Printer with display
Check out the steps below for touch control panel printers:
1. Establish printer’s connection with the wireless network.
2. Now go to printer’s control panel display.
3. Click Settings icon on your printer.
4. Scroll the list and click Network Setup.
5. Hit the Wireless Settings option.
6. Click Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) and then select the option PIN.
7. Your printer will display an 8-digit WPS pin.
Method: 2 Find WPS pin on printer without display
If you have a printer without display then you will need to print the network configuration report and obtain the pin. Download the HP Smart app on your mobile to use it during the process.
1. Turn on your printer and load paper into the tray.
2. Next, press & hold the Wireless and Cancel button for 3 seconds.
3. Now the power icon light starts blinking which means the printer is ready for setup mode.
4. Go to the Settings menu on your smartphone.
5. Select Wi-Fi.
6. Click your Printer Name, and enter 12345678 when asked for the password.
7. Now open the HP Smart app on your smartphone.
8. Click the + icon to add your printer to the Smart app.
9. Go to Printer Settings on the main page of the HP Smart app.
10. Scroll down to Tool section and click Printer Reports.
11. Select Network Configuration Report.
12. Let your printer to print the report, and you can see the WPS pin on the top of it. This pin is valid for five minutes.
Fixing Errors known among users for its reliable solutions. We 100% sure that the above methods helped you in finding the WPS Pin on the printer. If you have any query, drop it into the comment section, we will list solution for it.